The Vedomosti Telecom Forum is one of the leading professional telecom community gathering places in the country.
The Forum annually gathers all the iconic representatives of the industry to discuss key problems, current issues and successful business cases. Nothing but meaningful dialogue between businesses and the authorities, and a great place to network.
The current state of the industry, its potential and its development prospects — this is what the annual forum «Telecom 2018. The Technological Leadership»
is all about. Key Topics
- Industry reboot. How telecom is being transformed.
- MVNO and new businesses in cross-industry cooperation.
- Data consolidation as an element of market management.
- Development of additional services and new products.
- Governmental strategies and industry regulation.
- Universal digitization as a growth driver.
- Digital economy and changes in operators' strategies in Russia.
Leading players in the telecommunications industry will be participating in the event, including top managers from Russia's largest operators, foreign telecommunications companies and MVNO operators, representatives of public authorities, banks, OTT services, modern technology companies, Internet companies, digital TV operators, manufacturers of telecommunications equipment and services, Internet operators, investors, analysts and industry experts.
Format of the event
Sessions are organized as discussions and round tables, with special presentations in interview format.
9:20 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Registration
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Expert session. Digital Economy: Based on Real Developments– The modern world is changing so rapidly that whatever was trending just a year ago is either now out-of-date or has completely changed its course of development. Digitalization is no longer an abstract term; it has become reality. Mass digitalization has made it possible for countries to compete at the global level, expand their presence, and thus raise the local population's standard of living. Outdated economic models are being transformed across the globe, influencing multiple areas from scientific research to global corporations. Starting from 2017, the Russian government has prioritized digital transformation of the national economy. The year 2018 is going to be crucial for elaborating the program and selecting digital economy operators to implement the program by 2025.
Topics of discussion
- Program for developing the digital economy: sources and amounts of funding. Budget allocation priorities.
- Telecommunication networks as the foundation of the digital economy. What kind of income do these investments promise?
- Is our legislation ready for the application of new technologies?
- The digital economy and the data economy: regulation in the social sphere, security, storage.
- Strategies for attracting small and medium-sized enterprises to participate in the digital economy program.
- The role of financial technologies in the digital economy.
, Technology and Telecommunications Editor, Vedomosti newspaperIlya Massukh
, President, Information Democracy Foundation; Director, Competence center for import substitution in the field of ICT
, Director of Strategic Projects and Communications, Holding GS Group Sergei Emdin, CEO, Tele2Boris Glazkov
, Vice President for Strategic Initiatives, RostelecomRuslan Ibragimov
, Member of the Board, Vice President, Corporate and Legal Affairs, MTSNatalia Kovalenko
, Partner, Head of the Interbranch Group, Pepeliaev GroupAlexei Kozyrev
, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Communications and Mass Media of the Russian FederationAnton Lebedev
, Deputy Director of the Department of Public Administration, Ministry of Economic DevelopmentAleksander Popovsky
, Vice President for Corporate Strategy and Business Development, VimpelcomSvetlana Skvortsova
, Director for Strategic Planning, Tele2
11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Coffee break
12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. The Speaker’s Speech. Face to face with a top manager Vasil Latsanich
, CEO of Vimpelcom in interview with Pavel Kantyshev, Technology and Telecommunications Editor, Vedomosti newspaper, and
Ekaterina Derbilova, editorial director of «Vedomosti» and Harvard Business Review Russia
12:30 p.m. – 12.40 p.m. BreakVasil Latsanich
, CEO of Vimpelcom in interview with Pavel Kantyshev
, Technology and Telecommunications Editor, Vedomosti newspaper, and Ekaterina Derbilova
, editorial director of «Vedomosti» and Harvard Business Review Russia
12:40 p.m. – 2:10 p.m. Discussion session 2. Investing In New Markets– The Russian market has reached maturity: the shares of its key players are stable, new technologies have been introduced, and income growth has slowed down. Along with that, operators are still facing the problem of selecting a new course for company development and investments in new markets in order to diversify business. Due to the growth of traffic streams, telecommunication companies and Internet service providers must continuously increase their network capacity. How the OTT providers, telecommunications companies, and Internet service providers in the context of their partner agreements and what investment models they will choose over the short or long term – these topics will be covered in the discussion session.
Topics of discussion
- Overview of development practices used by Russian and global companies investing in new markets.
- Ways to increase capitalization and upselling by telecoms companies. Evaluation of businesses that own this data.
- Consolidation and data monetization as an aspect of market management.
- Possible growth factors for telecommunication companies: analyzing big data, Internet of Things, telemedicine, VR and AR, e-sports, games, financial technologies and legal services. Where are the most powerful market players placing their bets?
- Business consolidation and modern M&A deals.
- Traditional retail versus independent retail.
- Communication quality and types of cooperation. Outlook on new markets.
, Technology and Telecommunications Editor, Vedomosti newspaperAnton Ustimenko
, Partner, Head of Practice in Services for Technology, Media and Communication Companies in Russia and CIS, EY
, Vice President for Business Development, RostelecomAndrey Kholodny
, Deputy General Director of Development of Nonlinear Services, Tricolor TV Marek Slacik
, Executive Vice President for Development of Retail Market, Vimpelсom Richard van Wageningen
, Senior Vice President in the IMEAR Region, Orange Business Services
, Deputy General Director, SAP CISPavel Rodionov
, CEO, RosinfokominvestMichael Shklyaev
, Head of Data Lab, Dentsu Aegis Network RussiaLeonid Sysoev
, CEO, Delimobil
12:40 p.m. – 2:10 p.m. Round table. Technology as a driver of territorial development
, Managing Partner, TMT ConsultingAles Mamchur
, Director of the Digital Economy Projects Office, RostelecomTopics of discussion
- Modernization of networks and development of regional technological infrastructure.
- Strategies for the digital transformation of the regions.
- Ensuring reliable coverage and development of 5G in the regions. Pilot projects in cities with a populations of one million.
- Is it possible to implement a «regulatory sandbox» model, testing new technologies and subsequently drafting laws for use in other regions?
- Experiences of implementing the smart city concept as part of an urban environment strategy.
- How can regions attract business? What opportunities does business create for regional development?
- Can public-private partnerships become an effective model for developing the digital economy in the regions?
, Director of Business Development in the Mass Market, NetbyNetMaxim Chakhovsky
, Deputy General Director, OTEKAlexey Chukarin
, Deputy Head of Information Technologies Department of Moscow, Government of MoscowYuri Khokhlov
, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Institute for the Development of the Information SocietyMikhail Khomich
, Vice-chairman, Government of Udmurtia; Permanent Representative of the Head of Udmurtia under the President of the Russian FederationAlexander Shepilov
, Head of the Permanent Mission of the Chelyabinsk Region, Government of the Russian FederationVladimir Tumarev
, First Deputy Chairman of the Committee for Informatization and Communications, Government of St. PetersburgIgor Zhizhikin
, General director of the macroregion Moscow, Tele2
2:10 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Lunch
3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. The Speaker’s Speech. Face to face with a top managerVasily Brovko,
Director for special assignments of the state corporation «Rostekh», in interview with Pavel Kantyshev, Technology and Telecommunications Editor, Vedomosti newspaper
3:30 p.m. – 3.40 p.m. Break
3:40 p.m. – 5:10 p.m. Battle-session 3. MVNO «Factories»: pros and cons– Where the telecom market is oversaturated and mobile technologies are ubiquitous, companies tend to partner with adjacent markets in order to support the underrepresented segments or the segments with which the company is not able to partner effectively. In their turn, the partner companies that possess the extensive customer base tend to view mobile communication not as a source of additional profit, but as a tool to improve customer loyalty and obtain customer data for the purposes of further monetization. Sberbank, Tinkoff, Rostelecom, TTK – these are a few of the companies that in 2017 confirmed their readiness to provide their own branded services. These companies do not own any infrastructure, but they plan to take it on lease from mobile communications providers, i.e. to become an MVNO.Topics of discussion
- Competitors or allies? What are the benefits and rules of play?
- Pricing policy for new operators. How to protect against dumping?
- Benefits for subscribers, extending the subscriber base and data monetization. What are the risks that telecommunication companies and MVNO operators face?
- How do MVNOs affect operators' financial and operational indicators?
, Managing Partner, TMT Consulting
, Director of MVNO, MTT (Aiva Mobile)Alexey Chernetsov
, Director of the MVNO project office, RostelecomGeorgy Chesakov
, General Director, Tinkoff-MobileRuslan Gurdzhiyan
, CEO, Sberbank TelecomDmitry Kulakovsky
, Director of Marketing and Business Development, MGTSIgor Maistrenko
, Director for Sales and Development of the Mass Segment, Member of the Board, Tele2Artashes Sivkov
, Board Member, Executive Vice President of Corporate Business Development, VimpelcomVlad Wolfson
, Commercial Director, MegaFon
5.10 p.m. Ending of the forum. Evening cocktails.