Conference moderator Svetlana Bik
, Executive Director of the National Association of Concessionaires and Long-Term Investors in Infrastructure (NACLI), Chairman of the Expert Council on the Long-Term Investments Market at the Bank of Russia09:30 – 10:00.
Registration and welcome coffee10:00 – 12:00.
Plenary session. Russia's place in the system of transforming the financial and investment markets to ensure sustainable developmentTopics for discussion
12:00 – 12:30.
- How exactly do the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) change the investment and financial landscape? What financial innovations are the UN Global Compact, PRI and UNEP FI looking for to ensure the SDGs?
- How far off is Russia from the international processes of transformation and regulation in the field of responsible investment and financing? Do we need to wait for complete terminological clarity, or is it time to start acting all the while continuing the discussions?
- Financial and investment responsibility: international practice, the synchronisation of concepts.
- Opportunities for the authorities and investors to influence the development and financing of green infrastructure projects.
- Can a new market be launched without the will of a regulator? International experience. Government policy and incentive system.
- What are the obstacles? Barriers to investment flows, the development of green energy and infrastructure. Why is there no single member of the UN Principles for Responsible Investment Programme in Russia? Why did the work on rapprochement with the UN Environment Programme Finance Initiative start and then stop?
- And what if we do not wait? Implementing sustainable development principles and ESG in corporate governance and investment strategies; the first results.
- How can we include responsible investment, green finance and ESG-factors into the strategy participants of the Russian financial and investment market adhere to?
Coffee break12:30 – 14:30.
Strategy session. Tools for developing the practice of responsible investment and the green finance marketTopics for discussion
14:30 – 15:30.
- National Stewardship Code – is it needed in Russia?
- Methodical (methodological) solutions and standardization in green finance. Prospects for the creation of a methodological centre and verification system in Russia.
- Green bonds on the stock exchange and their verification. Is there really currently no one to verify?
- Rankings, ratings, indices: who should be considered green and why?
- Green loans and securitisation. How should standard solutions be composed?
- Long-term money in green projects. Risk assessment and management.
- Roadmap for the formation of a green finance market in Russia.