About the project
The agricultural sector is facing an ambitious challenge of increase of more than doubling the exports by increasing them up to $45 billion until 2024. It was hard to imagine this 15 years ago, for most foodstuffs Russia remained a net importer, and the agricultural sector could not be called a profitable business. However, everything has changed in recent years. At a rapid pace, Russian producers have achieved most of the indicators stipulated by the doctrine of food security and have taken a course to foreign markets.
In fact, a fundamental turnaround from import substitution has already occurred, and now we see an unequivocal trend of export growth in the domestic agro-industrial sector. For a number of years, Russia has been a leader in the export of wheat, meat supplies are gradually increasing, and the situation is gradually improving in other areas as well. The long-awaited opening of the Chinese market, where Russian producers were able to export poultry meat and partly dairy products this year, played a positive role.
However, many issues remain. There is still no single strategy for the introduction and promotion of Russian agricultural products abroad. It is not completely clear how to position domestic products, taking into account the difference of mentalities. Does the export of value-added products have real prospects and what types of products can be successful? Will a single industry branding system work? How important is the image of Russia to potential foreign consumers? What role does digitalization play in export development?
We will talk about this and many other things at the IV annual Agrarian Forum of the Vedomosti newspaper.
Heads of sectoral departments, owners and top managers of major agricultural holdings and agricultural producers, suppliers of agricultural equipment, enterprises of allied sectors, heads of investment and commercial banks, representatives of sectoral and business media.
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. Strategic session. Export of Russian agro-industrial sector products: made in Russia
Editorial Director of Commercial Projects, VedomostiPreliminary questions for discussion
- Russian agricultural sector: The state of the industry, opportunities for its development and new challenges to business.
- Export trend: how to prepare a product for the external market.
- Development of the Russian brand: the way to the loyalty of foreign consumers considering the difference in mentality.
- Prospects for value-added products: what to export?
- How can an industry branding system help?
- How to change production to make it export-oriented.
Speakers at the sessionGenrikh Arutyunov,
Deputy General Director, Prodo GroupNaum Babaev,
Chairman of the Board of Directors, Damate*Stefan Duerr,
General Director, EkoNiva-APK HoldingIrina Zhachkina,
Member of the Board, First Deputy Chairman of the Board, Rosselkhozbank Sergei Ivanov,
Executive Director, Efko GroupOksana Lut,
Deputy Minister of Agriculture of the Russian FederationAlexander Rudakov,
the President of APH ECO-CultureNeil Sturrock,
President for Russia, Ukraine and the CIS, PepsiCoWilhelm Uffelmann,
Partner, Global Head of Agribusiness Practice, Roland BergerValery Schapov,
President, Mars Russia*- Waiting for confirmation.
12:00 a.m. – 12:15 a.m. Coffee break
12:15 a.m. – 12:40 p.m. SPECIAL SPEECH
12:40 p.m. – 2:20 p.m. Discussion session. DNA change in the industry: from analogue to digital era
Director of the Centre for Technology Transfer, HSEPreliminary questions for discussion
- Throughput digital production: from fieldwork to business process management.
- How business accelerators are developing and who needs them in the agricultural sector. What are the criteria for measuring returns?
- Examples of high-tech solutions in large and medium-sized agricultural holdings and farms.
- Are the regions ready for the introduction of new technologies «on the ground»?
- Who trains highly qualified specialists to work with «smart» systems?
- Who can be a driver for a new digital era?
- Field maps: an important tool for increasing yields
Speakers at the session Elena Baturova,
Director of Financial Technology Center, Rosselkhozbank Vladislav Belyaev,
CIO, Cherkizovo Group Aleksey Gazizov,
IT Director, AgroPromkomplektatsiya Sergey Levin,
Deputy Minister of Agriculture of the Russian Federation Yuriy Perestoronin,
Agribusiness Director, IBS Evgenia Ryabchikova,
New Business Development Director, VimpelCom Maxim Yakovenko,
Head, Federal Service for Hydrometeorology and Environmental Monitoring
IBM, speaker to be determined
2:20 p.m. – 3:20 p.m. Lunch break
3:20 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Discussion session. Russian green products – strategies for creating new brandsPreliminary questions for discussion
- Prospects for the development of the organic market in Russia, regulatory and legislative issues.
- How the roadmap for creating environmentally friendly Russian agricultural products, raw materials and foodstuffs works.
- Creation of «green» domestic brands for foreign markets.
- How Russian organic products can enter the international market: prospects and challenges.
- Prospects of organic agriculture.
Speakers at the discussionAlexey Gordeyev,
Deputy Prime Minister * Anna Lukanina,
Managing Partner, Depot; President, Association of Branding Companies of Russia (ABCR)Oleg Mironenko,
Executive Director, National Organic Union Anatoly Nakaryakov,
Organic Production Director, EkoNiva-APK Holding Maxim Protasov,
Head, Roskachestvo PhosAgro,
speaker to be determined*- Waiting for confirmation.
4:30 p.m. End of the forum, cocktail