A series of annual events from the Telecom series published in the business newspaper Vedomosti:
a platform for leading experts recognised by the nation's community of telecommunications professionals.
Every year, Moscow's Telecom Forum and the various sessions of the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona bring together all the major representatives of the industry. It offers purely constructive dialogue between business and government, and a great opportunity to network.The special session of St. Petersburg's SPIEF — The Regions: The Path to Technological Leadership — builds upon the Telecom series published in the daily business paper Vedomosti.
The rapid development of the digital economy, the implementation of cutting-edge technologies, the constant trend toward digitalization and the subsequent changes of the consumer profile — all these factors are transforming cities into modern megapolises. Certain factors, however, hinder the rate of this transformation process in the regions.
Vedomosti will bring together heads of telecommunications and technology companies and representatives of regional and federal authorities using SPIEF as a platform to exchange experience and discuss further steps towards the resolution of all the various issues that have emerged in the field. Vedomosti hopes that these experts will be able to put together a roadmap that the regions can use to transition from their current state to one of leadership not just in Russia, but on a global scale.
Leading players in the Russian and international telecommunications market, government officials, manufacturers and suppliers of IT equipment, as well as investors, analysts, industry experts and leading mass media.
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Discussion session. The Regions: The Path to Technological LeadershipDiscussion focus
- The modernisation of networks and the development of the regional technological infrastructure.
- Regional digital transformation strategies.
- Providing sustainable 5G coverage and development of the 5G network in the regions. Pilot projects in cities of over a million people.
- Practical implementation of the Smart City concept within the framework of the urban environmental improvement strategy.
- How to make regions more attractive to businesses? What opportunities do businesses provide for the development of the regions?
- Is the Public-Private Partnership model viable for developing the Digital Economy in the regions?