A series of annual Telecom
events organised by the Vedomosti business edition providing specialist platforms recognised by the country's leading professional telecoms community. Telecom Forum
sessions are part of the World Mobile Congress and SPIEF.
They gather all the major industry players annually to discuss pressing problems, current issues, and successful business cases. They offer nothing if not a constructive dialogue between businesses and authorities and a great place to network.
The annual international forum of telecommunication operators, Telecom
, has been the leading telecommunications event for many years now. Every year, opinion leaders, managers of the largest companies in the industry, and key newsmakers are amongst the Forum's speakers.
As per tradition, the participants of the Vedomosti forum will discuss the current state of the industry, it's potential, and forecasts for development.
The discussion will focus on
- The COVID crisis and how it affects the growth of digital consumption. Only forward and never a step backward?
- The pandemic as the trigger of global digitalisation. How the world, clients, the balance of power, and rules of business have changed.
- IT investment in the light of the international economic reality. Development of the digital market in Russia and abroad.
- Business transformation and the place of operators in cross-industry competition.
- 5G as an infrastructure for new services.
The event attracts top market players, top managers, and representatives of major telecommunications and other advanced technology companies from Russia and abroad, government authorities, digital TV operators, banks, media, fintech, and Internet companies, manufacturers of telecommunications equipment and components, Internet operators, investors, analysts, and industry experts.
Sessions as discussions and round tables and special presentations in an interview format.
9am–10am. Participant registration and morning coffee
10am–12.00am. Expert session. Business in the age of digital consumption
Discussions with visionaries, the leaders of the largest technology companies, about the present and the futureThe focus of the discussion
· The COVID crisis and how it affects the growth of digital consumption. Only forward and never a step backward? Will 'offline' ever return to our life?
· Time-to-market at high speed. How to keep things under control while trying to satisfy clients' changing demands?
· The pandemic as the trigger of global digitalisation. How the world, clients, the balance of power, and rules of business have changed.
· Conquering new heights. Do modern technology companies still have space for growth?
· 5G as an infrastructure for new services and the key foundation of the digital economy.
Feature Editor, VedomostiAnton Ustimenko,
Partner, Head of Practice in Services for Technology, Media, and Communication Companies in Russia and the CIS, EY
President, SvyaznoyOleg Ivanov,
Deputy Minister, Ministry of Digital Development, Communications and Mass Media of the Russian FederationAlexey Kornya,
President, MTSDmitry Sergeyev,
Director General, Alibaba RussiaGevork Vermishyan,
12.45pm–2.15pm. Session 2. Execute and report. How import substitution actually works in RussiaThe focus of the discussion
· IT investment in the light of the international economic reality. Development of the digital market in Russia and abroad.
· Focus on import substitution: a service forced by government or actually benefiting business?
· Can 'Made in Russia' be successful?
· The reality of import substitution: strengths and weaknesses of its practical implementation.
· Competing with international companies: possible alliances for market players?
· Which foreign goods remain irreplaceable and why? Do we need competition or balance?
· Obstacle Race. What obstacles prevent businesses from using quality software?
Director General, Telecom DailyNikolai Pryanishnikov,
Chairman of the Committee for New Technology, Innovations, and Cyber Security, Association of Independent Directors
Vice President for Telecom Industry Cooperation, GK LANIT Yevgeniy Chechelnitskiy,
Advisor to General Director, MTTAnna Kashnitskaya,
Director for Business Development, Mail.ru GroupDariy Khalitov,
Director for IT Development, RostelecomNatalia Kovalenko,
Partner, Head of the Interbranch Group, Pepeliaev Grouppelyaev GroupEkaterina Solntseva,
Director for Digitalization, ROSATOM
2.15pm–3pm. Lunch break
3.00pm–4.30pm. Session 3. Beyond the pipeline: new businesses of telecoms operators. Will the flight be a success? The focus of the discussion
· Redeveloping the service market based on knowledge of the client. Who's going to win? What steps can help operators become market leaders?
· Synergise with other markets, develop only your own business or buy? Should we expect the rise of new holdings?
· Will operators lay the foundations for new ecosystems? How does the operator see itself?
· New challenges and new non-telecommunications directions in the digital age. Will they become drivers of growth? If so, when?
· What ideas and directions are capable of disrupting the current market? Forecasts and key trends.
Managing Partner, TMT Consulting
Vice President for Strategic Initiatives, RostelecomAlexander Gorbunov,
Vice President for Strategy and Development, MTSGeorge Held,
Vice President for the Development of Digital and New Business, VimpelCom Svetlana Skvortsova,
Director for Strategic Planning, Tele2Alexander Sobolev,
Director for Business Strategy and Development, Megafon
4.30pm – 4.40pm. Break
4.40pm–5.10pm. The Speaker’s Speech.
Vis-a-vis with a Top Manager – Igor Mishin,
General Director, MTS Media.
5.10pm. The End of Forum. Cocktail