Vedomosti's Telecom forum is one of the leading telecom community gathering places in the country. Every year, all the main representatives of this sector gather at the forum to discuss the most pressing issues and share their successful experiences, creating a meaningful dialogue between businesses and the authorities, and a great place to network. Discussion topics
- Transformation of the telecommunication business. What will the market look like in the future?
- Regulatory policy in Russia and the strategy of operators.
- Development of additional services and new products.
- New technologies and industry 4.0: development and application in Russia.
- Paid TV as a «safety cushion» for telecom companies.
The leading players of the telecommunications industry will be participating in the event, including top managers from the «big three» operators and foreign telecommunications companies, the Ministry of Communications, the Federal Anti-Monopoly Service, the Ministry for Economic Development, digital TV operators, content suppliers, telecommunications equipment manufacturers, wireless Internet operators, investors, analysts and industry experts.PRELIMINARY PROGRAM
8:00–9:00 a.m. Registration and coffee reception
9:00–10:30 a.m. Discussion session 1. High-risk maneuvering mode or up-to-date industry regulation
, Editor of Technology and Telecommunications Department, VedomostiFocus of the discussion
- One hundred steps towards implementing Yarovaya Law: further actions, pressing problems and their solutions. Is consolidation possible?
- A single approach to secure access to infrastructure facilities.
- The cost of safety. Is it possible to build an effective business in modern conditions? Measures to support telecom operators.
- Using subscriber data: self-regulation or regulation.
- Import substitution and supporting Russian-made hardware. What are the real chances of implementing this?
, Member of the Board, Vice President for Corporate and Legal Affairs, MTSNatalya Kovalenko
, Partner, Head of Cross-Sectoral Group, Pepeliaev GroupLeonid Levin
, Chairman of the Committee on Information Policy, Information Technologies and Communications, State Duma of the Russian FederationDmitry Petrov
, Director for Relations with the Authorities, Megafon
Invited speakersOleg Dukhovnitsky
, Director, Federal Communications AgencyAleksei Sokolov
, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Communications and Mass Media of the Russian FederationPyotr Tolstoi
, Deputy Chairman, State Duma of the Russian Federation
10:30–11:00 a.m. Coffee break
11:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Discussion session of Leaders. Transformation of Business. New Reality
, Managing Partner, Advanced Communications & MediaAnton Ustimenko
, Partner, Head of Practice in Services for Technology, Media and Communication Companies in Russia and CIS, EYFocus of the discussion
- Reduced growth and new ways of company development. Strategies used by the largest Russian operators.
- Monetization of additional services and development of new products. To offer a wide range of services or focus on the main thing — how to avoid miscalculations.
- Modern business strategies and services: How to cross the threshold of a new paradigm in pricing.
- Market consolidation as a new growth model. Additional assets and their operation: purchase or sale and extraction to a new business. How can this help the telecom sector in the future?
, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Co-founder, Mail.Ru Group*Andrei Dubovskov
, President, MTS*Sergei Emdin
, CEO, Tele2Kjell Johnsen
, CEO, VimpelComDmitry Mednikov
, Deputy CEO, All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company (VGTRK); Chairman of the Board of Directors, Digital TelevisionNikolai Nikiforov
, Minister, the Ministry of Communications and Mass Media of the Russian FederationSergei Soldatenkov
, CEO, Megafon*
12:30–1:00 p.m. Coffee break
1:00–2:30 p.m. Discussion session 3. Pay TV is still a Continuously Operating Machine?
, Managing Partner, TMT ConsultingFocus of the discussion
- Global trends in Pay TV. What key strategies and drivers are present in Russia?
- Consolidation in the Russian Pay TV market. Do the preconditions exist? Purchase of media and telecom assets.
- Will pay TV reach its bottom? Multi-screen and transmedia, VOD and other products that can maintain one's market share.
- Creating a content delivery business without telecom operators. Is this possible and how effective is it?
, CEO, Viacom International Media Networks in Russia, Ukraine, CIS and Baltic countriesAleksei Kholodov
, CEO, National Satellite CompanyKirill Makhnovsky
, CEO, Orion
Invited speakersAndrei Semerikov
, Member of the Board of Directors, CEO, ER Telecom HoldingSergei Petrov
, Chairman of the Board, ISS; Head, «Industrial Committee for Telemetry»
2:30–3:30 p.m. Lunch
3:30–5:00 p.m. Discussion session 4.1. Focus on digitization!
, Managing Partner, Advanced Communications & MediaFocus of the discussion
- Overview of adoption practices for innovative services by various markets.
- New technology implementation in the Russian market. Successful affiliate programs and cross-industrial cooperation in practice. Development of M2M and the Internet of things.
- Media services and digital communications amid accelerating changes. How to be closer to the subscriber?
- Development of financial services as fringe subscriber benefits and options.
- Subscriber profile monetization. Is it a free-standing or efficient business?
, Vice-President of the Block for the Development of Digital and New Business, VimpelComSergei Kravtsov
, Owner, OMMG TechnologyYan Kukhalsky
, Director for New Business and Partnerships, MegafonAndrei Patoka
, Deputy General Director for Products, Marketing and Work with Federal Clients, Tele2
Invited speakersGrigory Bakunov
, Director for Technology Distribution, YandexMaksim Donskikh
, President, Game InsightVladimir Gabrielyan
, Vice President, Technical Director, Head of Search and E-Commerce Business Unit, Mail.Ru GroupRuslan Gurdzhiyan
, Managing Director of the Directorate for Digital Business Development, Sberbank RussiaVasil Latsanich
, Vice President for Marketing and Strategy, Board Member, MTSAndrei Romanenk
o, President, QIWI; CEO, EvotorVadim Fedotov
, CEO, Gazprom-Media Technologies
3:30–5:00 p.m. Discussion session 4.2. Business Performance and Advanced Technologies
, Director, Service Provision for Technology, Media and Communications Companies, EY Advisory in Russia and the CISFocus of the discussion
- Priority areas in infrastructure development. Future projects. What are telecom operators betting on?
- New technology penetration rates. SDN, NFV, 5G, and other services for operators and subscribers: actual demand, development and implementation.
- Manufacturing and export of equipment. Has the Russian market shown signs of improving? Cooperation between foreign and Russian IT companies.
- Network outsourcing and management. Efficient management.
, Infrastructure Director, MegafonElena Zaeva
, Head of Administration of Communications and Information Technologies, Federal Anti-Monopoly Service
Invited speakersMaksim Mysev
, Director of the Infrastructure Project Department, Ministry of Communications and Mass Media of the Russian FederationMartin Skop
, Executive Vice President for Infrastructure Development, VimpelComAndrei Ushatsky
, Vice President for Engineering and IT, Board Member, MTS
5:00 p.m. Ending of the forum. Evening cocktails.