Analytical companies are forecasting that the pharmaceutical market will show positive dynamics in 2017. This favorable business-climate and the investment attractiveness of the industry are due to the stabilization of the political situation in the world.
The pharmaceutical business in Russia is also demonstrating promising growth, with sales increasing by 20% in 2016. After important industry-specific solutions were implemented, the structure of the commercial medications market has also changed. In September 2016, the industry underwent significant changes, as compared to the same period of 2015 – the share of medicines in the average cost of packaging segment has increased, at the same time, the share of expensive medications has decreased, while the average cost of packaging has gone up. Following the results of September 2016, the study showed that slightly more than a half of all medicines in packages sold in the marker were domestic.
During the forum, organized by business daily Vedomosti, together with Kaluga Region Government, Agency for Innovation Development – Center for Cluster Development of Kaluga region with the support of the Kaluga Pharmaceutical Cluster, discussions will be held on the development prospects in this sector.Key issues
- Analytical studies and forecasts of industry development.
- Localization of a production and development of pharmaceutical clusters in Russia.
- New Russian pharma: the future of domestic developments.
- Modern technologies in pharma, and digitalization of healthcare.
- Pricing and new models in the market.
The event will bring together key market players: representatives and heads of federal governmental institutions and regional authorities, the biggest pharmaceutical companies, research and innovative business incubators, distribution centers and pharmacy chains, industry associations, unions, funds, management companies and major analysts, investors, experts and mass media. AGENDA
10:00–11:00. Registration, welcome coffee
11:00–13:00. Discussion session 1. The pharmaceutical cluster as an investment driver of the industry
, Correspondent, Vedomosti business dailyDavid Melik-Guseinov
, Director, Head of the Research Institute of Healthcare and Medical Management of the Moscow City Health DepartmentKey issues
- Development of pharmaceutical clusters in Russia: functioning features, forecasts, new growth factors.
- Next step. What is next after the localization? Long-term strategy for development.
- Formation of a pattern of behavior for each cluster in Russia. Territorial attachment of clusters, according to their specialization, and other measures to increase efficiency.
- Development and support of innovative medications in Russia.
- Elements of support for localized producers.
Speakers Anatoly Artamonov
, Governor of Kaluga RegionSebnem Avsar Tuna
, Corporate Vice President in Russia and CIS countries, Novo Nordisk Ivan Glushkov
, Chairman of the Board, Kaluga Pharmaceutical Cluster Zakhar Golant
, Chairman of the Board, Union of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical ClustersOlga Kolotilova
, Director of the Development of Pharmaceutical and Medical Industry Department, Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian FederationSergey Konygin
, Analyst, Economist, Sberbank CIBPhilipp Romanov
, Deputy Director for the State Regulation of the Circulation Medicines Department, Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation12:40–12:50.
The official signing of an agreement for cooperation between the Kaluga Pharmaceutical Cluster (represented by Irina Novikova) and company «Merck» (represented by Juergen Koenig).12:50–13:00.
The official signing of an agreement for strategic partnership between the Kaluga Pharmaceutical Cluster (represented by Irina Novikova) and the company «Pharmcontract» (represented by Timofey Petrov).
13:00–13:15. Press approach
14:00 – 15:30. Discussion session 2.1. New Russian pharma: a curiosity or a promising reality
, Correspondent, Vedomosti business dailyKey issues
- Evolution of the Russian pharmaceutical industry. Strategies for production of modern medications.
- What can Russian pharma do? Development of innovative medicines.
- Demand for medications. What do major customers need?
- How to make promotion and entering the market more successful?
- Inviolability of patents and development of competition.
, Partner, Life Sciences and Healthcare Industry Leader, Deloitte in the CISVladimir Khristenko
, President, NanolekElena Maslovskaya
, Deputy CEO, Association of Russian Pharmaceutical ManufacturersAlexander Semyonov
, President, Active Component
14:00 – 15:30. Discussion session 2.2. Digital in pharmacy and medicine
, Healthcare and Pharmaceutics Industry Leader, KPMG in Russia and the CIS Key issues
- Modern principles of operation. How has the digitalization fundamentally changed the industry?
- How to establish effective work of electronic prescription in case of distance selling?
- Increase of business transparency: system for monitoring of purchasing and marking of medications. Prospects of pilot projects.
- Telemedicine and the development of its main directions in Russia. Electronic card and electronic sick leave.
, Co-founder and CEO, DOC+Mikhail Konovalov
, IT Director, Bayer in Russia and the CISIskander Nurbekov
, Deputy Director, Internet Initiatives Development FundEvgeny Paperniy
, Head of the Project «Health», Mail.Ru GroupAlexander Shishkin
, CEO, Association of Independent PharmaciesArseny Scheltsin
, Director for Project Activities, Institute for Internet Development
15:30 – 16:00. Coffee break
16:00 – 17:30. Discussion session 3. Pricing and new procurement models
, Chairman of the Board, Kaluga Pharmaceutical ClusterKey issues
- Price distribution in the market. Ensuring the availability of modern therapy. Mechanisms and new systems of effective collaboration between state and business. Models and methods of price formation.
- Is it possible to extrapolate the world experience of setting prices for Russia?
- Calculation of reference prices, with respect to the procurement of medicines. Legislative initiatives and changes in the market.
- Decrease in price levels. Forecasts for the industry.
- Influence on the market of centralized purchases, simplified price formation for domestic producers and inexpensive medicines.
, GR-manager, Astrazeneca RussiaAlexander Kruchinin
, Deputy Minister, Head of the Department of Material and Technical Support, State Order, Health, Ministry of Kaluga RegionVitaly Omelyanovskiy
, CEO, Center for Healthcare Quality Assessment and Control of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian FederationSergey Shulyak
, CEO, DSM GroupLiliya Titova
, Executive Director, Union of Professional Pharmaceutical Organizations
Daria Starykh, Head of the Regulating Pharmaceutical Prices Division, Federal Antimonopoly Service of the Russian Federation
17:30 – Ending of the forum. Evening cocktails.